Monday, March 10, 2008

Gorilla Biceps

Bobs looked up some information awhile back about strong named assemblies. I was never too good at terminology, and I never really studied, but I can code the lights out. Anyways, the life of a computer programmer involves googling for information. I had to create a strong named assembly in order to access a certain DLL and I had no idea what strong naming was (do you??).

I googled "strong naming assemblies" and first on the list was: http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2003/04/28/strongnaming.html.

Here's what it said: "If you've been working with .NET for any length of time, you've probably run across the concept of a strong name. No, that doesn't mean that your assemblies should have names like MyCompany.Gorilla.Biceps."

You do not understand how much I laughed at the office that day. Then, I further created a web service called Gorilla.Biceps. I believe it's the best program Bobs could ever contemplate.

Bobs has also been listening to Hanselminutes podcasts lately on his Zune (Zunetastic), and I feel I need to be more passionate about new Microsoft technologies coming out. Scott Hanselman is insane! I hope to be mess around with all these new toys soon and be as insane as he is. GOGO BeyondCompare!

No comments: