Thursday, August 28, 2008

Little Brother


Bobs finished reading a book in practically one sitting FOR FUN!! I never read! I read Cory Doctorow's Little Brother in my plane ride from San Francisco, CA to Newark, NJ (a really long flight, layover at Phoenix, AZ). If you are a computer nerd like me, or ever played Dungeon's and Dragons (yes, I did this), you will love this book. It's about some High School kids who embark in a political techno-geek rebellion against their high school and especially their country (USA).

There is then a terrorist attack on the Bay Bridge (the most important of all the bridges) and the BART and all hell breaks loose for these kids. I was also surprised that they managed to throw in some sort of love story into the mix, where Doctorow describes a girl that I would probably fall in love with.

A quote from the book that made me laugh hysterically on a flight of sleeping passengers was, "I had a boner that could cut glass."

Thank you Brenda, for recommending this book to me!! Awesome Librarian!

No comments: